We understand the necessity of using trending hashtags, but which ones should we use and when? Here’s a list to start with, broken down for each day of the week!
- #SundayFunday – Share fun ways to use your business’s products.
- #SundayRead – Share one of your recent blog posts.
- #StartupSunday – Show how passionate you are about your business.
- #SpotlightSunday – Feature specific products or services, loyal customers, or share consumer-generated content.
- #WeekendVibes – Show your happiness for the weekend
- #SundaySweets — Bakeries, restaurants, and food-related brands.
- #SundaySweat — Share a good workout!
- #SalesSunday (also use #SundaySpecial, #SundaySale) – Offer a special discount or deal for your product or services.
- #MarketingMonday – We like this one!
- #MondayBlues – Sympathize with your followers, or give them a pick-me-up.
- #MotivationalMonday – Start your followers’ week off right with something motivational.
- #MusicMonday – Great for music teachers, but also a way to showcase the musical talents of your employees or customers.
- #MondayMemories – Share memories of your business or ask your followers to share their favorite memories.
- #ManicureMonday – This is fantastic for spas and salons!
- #MindfulMonday – Yoga studios, life coaches, and other businesses related to mental health can make use of this hashtag.
- #MaxoutMonday #MondayRun — Great for gyms, personal trainers, and fitness coaches.
- #MixedGreenMondays – Use this if you’re in the nutrition or restaurant industry!
- #MondayOutfit – Fashion brands and boutiques can make use of this to showcase new products.
- #TransformationTuesday – Before and after photos are a huge hit! This hashtag is great for contractors, salons, personal trainers, landscapers, and more!
- #TrendyTuesday – fashion related accounts can use this, but it’s also a way to show how your business is keeping up with pop culture.
- #TipTuesday – Almost any account can make use of this hashtag! Answer a customer FAQ or provide helpful industry related tips.
- #TechTuesday – Tell your followers about new gadgets you’re using for your business, or offer tech tips.
- #TravelTuesday–If you’re a personal brand who happens to be travelling then this is for you! Also great for travel or tourism industries.
- #TopicTuesday – Share your thoughts on a trending or popular topic in your industry.
- #TuesdayTrivia — Test your followers’ knowledge, about your business or industry!
- #TuesdayTunes — Great for music teachers, brands and businesses.
- #TuesdayTraining — Used for fitness brands and businesses.
- #TuesdayTasting — Awesome for restaurants and food brands.
- #TuesdayShoesday — Fashion brands and boutiques.
- #TakeMeBackTuesday — Reminisce on the great memories of the past.
- #TuesdayThoughts — Share your thoughts related to your industry.
- #WellnessWednesday – Offer tips for staying healthy and active.
- #WayBackWednesday – Share photos or videos from the early days of your brand.
- #WisdomWednesday – Share wise words of advice related to your industry.
- #WorkoutWednesday – Are you a fitness trainer or gym? Post a workout idea or give a sneak peek at one of your Wednesday fitness classes.
- #HumpDay – Share how you’re getting over the mid-week hump.
- #ThrowbackThursday (also known as #tbt) – Share photos or videos from the early days of your brand.
- #ThankfulThursday – Express your gratitude for your followers, customers or employees!
- #ThursdayThoughts — Share your thoughts related to your industry.
- #FearlessFriday – Share a post conquering a fear or portraying victory over a common fear.
- #FlashbackFriday – Share photos or videos from the early days of your brand.
- #FeelGoodFriday – Post feel-good photos or quotes related to your industry, product, or service.
- #FeatureFriday – Feature specific products or services, loyal customers, or share consumer-generated content.
- #FashionFriday – Fashion brands and boutiques.
- #FoodieFriday – Great for restaurants, food brands and fitness businesses.
- #FunnyFriday – Share something funny about your business, customers, or employees.
- #FitnessFriday – Post something about fitness… a new workout, an in-action shot or a motivational fitness quote.
- #FollowFriday – Feature another local business you follow and encouraging your audience to follow them too. Be careful not to use this hashtag to simply collect followers for your own brand.
- #FridayFun (also use #FridayFunday) – Show your followers some fun behind the scenes posts of your business.
- #FridayNight – What are you doing this Friday night?
- #SocialSaturday – Share how you’re interacting with your communities events.
- #ShoutoutSaturday – Give a shout out to one of your star employees or customers.
- #SmallBusinessSaturday – Use this hashtag to promote your business, feature a neighboring business, or encourage your followers to shop local.
- #SalesSaturday (also use #SaturdaySpecial, #SaturdaySale) – Offer a special discount or deal for your product or services.
- #SaturdayStyle — Fashion brands and boutiques.
- #SaturdaySweat — Share a good workout!
- #SaturdaySweets — Bakeries, restaurants, and food-related brands.
Hope this helps you with your Social Media Marketing endeavour!
If you’d like more tips or hints, sign up for our email newsletter here!