Have you ever wondered what the Facebook Etiquette rules are that you should be following as a business?
Here’s a fast list of 21 things you should and shouldn’t do for proper Facebook Etiquette!
- Always have a profile picture and cover photo.
- Take the time to completely set up your Facebook page. Have someone look it over to see if you’re missing anything.
- Watch what you’re sharing. Make sure it’s relevant to your message. Your posts should resonate with your followers.
- Spelling and grammar are SO important.
- NEVER post on other people’s Facebook pages to tell them to like your page.
- Stay away from controversial topics like politics and religion.
- Be aware of national tragedy… Do not promote your business during those times. Cancel any scheduled posts out of respect.
- Do not copy other’s people content and pass it off as your own.
- Don’t dump posts… Don’t post multiple posts in a short time frame. Instead, you can space them out by a few hours or wait until another day.
- Use specific targeting to reach your most prevalent audiences.
- Complaining never looks classy.
- Don’t comment on other people’s posts promoting your own company.
- Don’t complain or air your dirty laundry online. Be constructive.
- Avoid sending mass messages to large groups of people. It becomes annoying very quickly will upset your followers.
- Be authentic. Don’t be fake… No one appreciates it.
- Avoid using “I” statements. Unless you are your business, you should speak about your business in the second person.
- Post regularly and engage your audience.
- Follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time you should be posting things that provide value to your followers. 20% of the time you can promote your own business.
- Be sure to tag other businesses when referencing them or when resharing their content.
- Be respectful of other businesses. You can answer questions on their page if you know the answer… But do not pitch your own offer as a solution.
- Share the love! Promote other products and businesses if it relates to your brand. Cross promoting is a fantastic way to build and grow your brand.
Have any additional Facebook Etiquette rules you’d like to add? Leave a comment below!
Bonus: Don’t make these 9 Facebook Mistakes!
1 thought on “21 Facebook Etiquette Rules For Marketing Businesses”
Great List ! I will print it off! What about when someone shares. I learned you should say thank you with a comment.
Comments are closed.