Social media trends are always changing. Since there are so many platforms that people are using there are different trends on each one. These are some of the best ways to stay up to date on the latest social media trends across each platform.
- Listen to podcasts: There are so many different podcasts on social media and how to improve your skills on the platform and skills as a social media manager/ marketer. There are podcasts for specific platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest and Tik Tok. They discuss the current trends, how to get more reach and engagement and content ideas for you or clients may have.
- Follow accounts that share trends and news about social media: Following creators or businesses that solely put out information on social media updates and trends are a quick and effortless way to keep up with what is going on. When you are scrolling on social media and you come across their posts it’s a quick way to get updates.
- Read articles that give information on the trends across social media: Blogs, email subscriptions and websites that put out information on a daily basis are great resources to get information on social media. This type of resource typically gives out a ton of value since it’s an article style of information.
- Pay attention when you’re using the apps in your free time: This one is key for Tik Tok, when you are scrolling, pay attention to what sounds keep coming up and what those people are doing to those sounds. This is a great way to know what trends are starting and you can hop on it right when it gets started.
- Attend a conference: This is a great way to hear from industry experts and listen to them go in detail about changes that are happening on the platforms and what to expect. This gives you the head start to plan how you can change or update your strategy to fit the changes.
Social media will always be changing, so it’s important as a social media manager or marketer to know trends and changes that are going on; on each platform you specialize in. Finding the best way to get information that is easiest for you to digest and be interested in is key to keep yourself motivated to continue to always learn. If you feel like social media trends are too much to keep up with in your busy life, no worries! We’re accepting new clients here at Aim Social Media Marketing and we would love to speak with you about what we can do to take the stress of managing your social media off of your hands. Book a meeting using the link below!