TikTok is the next big platform in social media alongside Instagram and Youtube. With millions of users using this app around the world, this is the place to digitally market your business. Many individuals feel that Tik Tok is for the younger generation, but all ages use and post on the app. It has become one of the top social media apps since gaining popularity in 2020. Tik Tok has numerous genres and categories to best fit everyone’s preferences.
Tik Tok specializes in videos being a minute or less. Usually, it comprises different dances, lifestyles, pranks, food recipes, DIY categories, and much more. Compared to other apps, this platform gives newcomers a higher possibility for one of their videos to go viral.
The Tik Tok algorithm is always changing, and it pushes out content based on the preference of other similar videos watched by others. If you use the app, you know that the For You page is customizable and always changing based on the content you’re watching. From a marketing standpoint, this feature gives the marketer the ability to launch a digital marketing campaign aimed at their business target market and show up on their For You pages. The platform has been the ideal place for individuals to get a lot of followers and has arguably been underused by businesses looking to find new customers.
Some of the benefits of using Tik Tok are that it is free, has millions of active users, is easy to use, and has many features that users can take advantage of. Here are some video ideas that can promote your business:
- Show your story with pictures throughout the years of your journey with a song in the background
- Do the “all about my business” challenge
- Showcase the accomplishments that your business did
- A typical day in my life from the perspective of an employee
- Show the before/after of your business
- Do the latest true/false video trend to debunk myths about the industry or your business
- Do the “now look at this” challenge where you show your business and accomplishments
- Do the “get to know me” trend with the latest trending song
- Showcasing your product/service that your business offers to customers
- Do a day in the life at work
- Answering frequently asked questions
- Incorporate the latest dance trend by having the background being your workspace.
Simplicity is key in getting on the For You page and unlike other platforms, having minimal hashtags is important. Also, make sure your location is correct on the app because it greatly affects where Tik Tok advertises your video.
You must be patient when starting on the app. Tik Tok fluctuates when you will show up on other people’s For You page. We recommend having at least some knowledge on how to edit videos or be willing to learn. Remember, success doesn’t happen overnight.
Tik Tok can greatly influence the success of your business if you use it correctly. Make sure it aligns with your business and have a strategy before jumping in. If you want help getting your Tik Tok up and running, contact us today.