Are you looking to hire a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) professional?
Here are 13 questions you should ask before hiring them!
- Do you handle all development work in-house? Do you outsource?
- Is it just you, or do you have other people working for you?
- How long have you been doing (SEO) full time?
- What types of clients have you worked with?
- Do you retain your clients and have ongoing working relationships with them?
- Do you have any long-term clients?
- What are your qualifications? Why should I hire you?
- Can you provide references?
- How will you improve my search engine rankings?
- Do you adhere to search engines’ webmaster guidelines?
- You want a consultant who strictly abides by Google’s publicly posted webmaster best practices, which specifically prohibit 12 common SEO tricks, including automatically generating spammy content and adding bogus hidden text and links. If a candidate doesn’t follow those guidelines, your website could be relegated to a dismally low search result ranking. Or, worse yet, Google could ban it from search results altogether.
- Are you experienced at improving local search results?
- Do you review the current website and analyze its performance before making your decisions?
- How do you measure the success of your SEO campaigns?